9.17.2010

Finally Friday!

What a week!

The movers are moving our furniture back in today-it's going to be so great to be home tonight!!

This week, responsibility trumped my social calendar.  I'm still not 100% sure how that makes me feel, but I'm pretty sure it means I'm growing up. 

So, I didn't make it to a happy hour on Georgetown's Waterfront or at The University Club.  But I was a good homeowner, good wife and a good friend.  And the latter two are probably the most important things I could possibly be. 

Not only did I give up happy hours, but I'm also giving up a Gator Game road trip - which is an extreme rarity.  No Neyland Stadium or tailgating on the Tennessee River this weekend in Knoxville. For the very first time since I was a freshman at UF, I will not be sitting in the stands as the Gators take on the Vols.  I will be unpacking boxes, while watching the game on TV.  Sigh.  With that, there's only one thing to say:

9 comments:

I Do Declare said...

As I said to Shannon over at The Webbisodes....may the best orange win! I am not going to any home games this year, and just one away game in Baton Rouge. I have had some fun times in the Swamp, though!

Kristin said...

Big huge WOOHOOOO!!!! for moving back home today! That is super exciting Sarah. Can't wait to see more of your "new" home :-) So happy for you...

DSS said...

Sometimes growing up stinks doesn't it? But I KNOW you are so darned excited to be back in the house :)

All Things Cherish said...

Congrats on moving back in! I hope your move is uneventful. My hubby and I had a flood in our condo 2 weeks after we closed. It took us 7 months to get back in, so I totally know where you're coming from. Have a great weekend and don't work too hard!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know we will miss you guys so much this weekend :) Sad to say this is one of the only games we'll be going to this year as my professional responsibilities (particularly grad school) are in our way. Thanks so much for the tix and the hotel room.

Miss you guys,
Jacquie

Ashley said...

Aw I'm so sad you won't be in Knoxville! I drove up from MS and would have loved to meet you! I'll cheer on our orange and blue loud enough for both of us! Go Gators!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I know that you're excited to be back in your home! Go Gators!

Jules said...

You’re such a good little grown up ;) It really is hard to pass things up, but sometimes being a darned adult takes priority. I hope you got lots accomplished so that next weekend can be filled with fun!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Congrats and hope you have fun next weekend! Can't wait for our Tigers to play ya'll soon. Always a good game! Have a great week!
XOXO
Jessica
http://kitchenbelleicious.blogspot.com

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS