We are off to New York City to celebrate New Year's in style. I am so excited and can't wait to pack lots of warm and pretty outfits to wear over the next five days.
I hope everyone has enjoyed this wonderful time of year!
2. What is your Least favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story
3. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night
4. What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy? The Christmas Shoes - it's so sad.
5. What is your favorite Christmas Drink? Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
6. What is your favorite Christmas Memory? My Dad reading us the Christmas Scripture on Christmas Morning and singing the Hallelujah Chorus at the candle light Christmas Eve Service at my church in Orlando.
7. What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas? As a child - it had to be the Barbie Dream house my grandparents gave me. As a teen - The Estee Lauder perfume and make-up set. As an adult - the Tiffany's limited edition heart necklace Josh gave me for our first Christmas.
8. What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas? I have always been given wonderful gifts, I can't remember something that I didn't enjoy.
9. What do you LOVE about the holidays? Spending time with friends and family.
10. What annoys you about the holidays? Crowded parking lots.
11. Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else? We have a lighted star with a big red bow!
12. What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas? The Morgan Family Five Meat Christmas Breakfast - including my dad's awesome sausage gravy.
13. Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime? A Who of course.
14. Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them? LOVE THEM! My friends in Tampa and I used to go Christmas light looking and then out to dinner every year - I'm sad I don't get to do that with them this year.
15. Santa's at the mall - Fun times or Creepy? Fun Times - especially for baby Jack.
16. Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no? Of course, I put all of them in the mail this morning.
17. What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion? Everyone is happy, cheerful and thoughtful.
18. What is the worst thing about Christmas? Sometimes I wish I give more and do more for my friends and family.
19. When do you put the tree up and take it down? This is our first Christmas, but we put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving and will probably take it down by January 9th.
20. Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you? Five Golden Rings!
21. Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer? Too much Eggnog.
22. Who is your favorite reindeer? Dancer
23. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Of course.
24. What is your favorite smell at Christmas time? Thyme Frasier Fir - amazing.
25. What would make you happy at Christmas this year? I am looking forward to waking up Christmas morning and opening presents with my husband and doggie!
We started baking on Wednesday and put the 28 pound turkey in the roaster at 6 o'clock a.m. on Thursday. We all had a wonderful time together, here are some pictures I borrowed from Gabby. I am hoping to upload all of my pictures this evening.
We adopted Molly in February of 2009. She has been a great little doggie. She loves to go on long walks to get all her "sniffs" in, and she loves her kong filled with peanut butter stuffing.
Friday, November 20, 2009, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 21, 2009, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 22, 2009, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
I am supposed to write 10 interesting things about myself-soo here it goes!
- We have hired the neighborhood dog walker to take Miss Molly on walks during the day while we are at work.
- We bought a 28 pound turkey for Thanksgiving last night.
- My friends and I are planning a 30-palooza in South Beach to celebrate the Big 3-0 this January.
- Josh and I took ballroom dancing lessons for months.
- We put our dancing skills to work this weekend at Allison and Danny's wedding. I love to Salsa, Meringue, and Cha Cha Cha!!!
- I have been stocking up on Christmas Decorations, I even bought some at the Grocery store last night-- they have a whole home section.
- I love shopping at Wegmans-best Grocery Store in VA.
- Publix will always be my heart -- Where shopping is a pleasure.
- Speaking of shopping, I need to be supervised when I go Christmas shopping-I keep buying things for myself--bad, bad.
- Glee is my new favorite show!
- Bonus--Since I am so focused on Thanksgiving, I forgot to do a Menu Monday-err- dinners have been and will be crazy concoctions that I am coming up with from things that have been in our cabinets and freezer for a while-hey, I'm trying to make space for all the Thanksgiving Grocery's.
- Monday - Rock Fish, Peas, Potatoes Au Gratin
- Tuesday - Spinach and Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Wednesday - Junior League ACC Meeting
- Thursday - Black Beans and Yellow Rice
- Friday - Grabbing something at the airport- on our way to Allison and Danny's Wedding!
The Terra Cotta set is very cute.
This porcelain set is beautiful and classic.
This is a very big decision, which do y'all like the best? Is their another design that I should check out? Let me know what you think!
- Monday-Spaghetti with Sweet Basil Sauce, Tossed Salad
- Tuesday-Thai Pesto Shrimp
- Wednesday-Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash with Chili's and Sauteed Green Beans and Pears
- Thursday-Junior League Meeting, leftovers for the Mr.
- Friday-Steak, Steamed Broccoli, and Baked Potatoes
Here's a picture of Josh and me after a wonderful lunch in front of the famous blue and white stripped awning.
We spent a fun afternoon with my double first step cousin (it's a southern thing), Mary Margaret! She is going to seminary in New Orleans and is such a wonderful person, I could never say enough sweet things about her!
Here we are on Bourbon street we had a fun time seeing all the Gator Fans in town and meeting up with a group of friends to see the sights!
We went out to dinner at Remoulads with Mike, Lacey, Riannon and Andy. The Oyster Bar was soo fun, and we had a great time, after that Josh and I headed to Baton Rogue!
Here we are tailgating with Jimbo and Brittney at the baseball stadium before the game.
We sat in the end zone for the game-it was loud and crazy!
Another Gator Victory!!
After three hours of sleep we headed to the Baton Rouge Airport, only to find that our flight was over-booked. We volunteered to fly out of New Orleans that afternoon, I was excited that I got to see Reema and Lacey! We were able to pick up our rental car keys, head back to New Orleans and had a great time, we had Breakfast at Cafe Du Monde and lunch at the Bourbon House. What an awesome trip!
The Junior League of Washington DC is so big we can't all meet in the same place at the same time, it's very different than what I am used to with the Junior League of Tampa.
Last night I listened to the Executive Director of the Friends of the National Zoo and the Executive Director of D.C. Learns. They both shared interesting information about both of their organizations, and it made me want to volunteer-now to decide what I can do to help!
We met up with the Nelly's, Brittnay and Stubs to tailgate outside of the stadium before the game. It rained the whole day-I wish I had my wellies then!
Here we are with Elizabeth and Steve headed to the game.
Shake that pom pom!
Commonwealth Stadium-a sea of blue.
Josh and I enjoyed the game and another Gator Victory!
It was also great to spend time with Reema and Katie!!
A highlight of our tailgate was the whole hog Danny cooked for us-it was soo good.
Josh and I had a great time at the game, and enjoyed our first visit to the F Club where I ran into the Monahan's, Alex and Wild Bill (aka Treston Traylor).
Here Lauren, Melissa, Gwen and I are enjoying the post game tailgate. I can hardly believe that we all have been friends for the past 11 years. Time flys when you're having fun!
He also bought me a beautiful purple scarf in Rome.
Isn't it pretty? Here's the scarf at home with a few of my other scarves-I'm getting ready for winter!
Thanks again to Mid-Atlantic Martha for her great give away! I am excited to use all the great goodies that she sent me!