5.17.2010

Menu Monday

It's back!  Sometimes I don't do Menu Monday's when Josh is on business trips, has multiple of business dinners/events or will have to work late a lot during the week.  This is mainly because if that is the case, my dinners are lean cuisines and take-out.  Anything to avoid doing dishes (out kitchen remodel and new dishwasher cannot come soon enough). 

This week we will be having:


Stuffed Pork Chops with grilled squash and zucchini.


I will be making a double batch of the enchiladas and giving one tray to our neighbors who just had a beautiful little girl.  The other tray will be dinner one night and leftovers another (as long as Josh doesn't go back for seconds the first go-around).  Same deal with the Perfect Pot Roast.  This will probably have to be later in the week, due to the fact that my chuck roast is frozen and needs to defrost. Long story short: I bought the wrong cut of meat during Passover. Chuck roast is apparently not the same as brisket (although they look alike).  I needed a meat cut reference guide at Harris Teeter that day.  I won't make that mistake again. 

I hope Ree doesn't find out that I am making her Perfect Pot Roast due to a mistake by purchasing the wrong cut of meat.  As a cattle farmers wife that would be so uncool.  Also uncool, the Border's bookstore where Lacey and I stood in line for more than four hours to have her sign our copies of her cookbook

Of course I have pictures of us there that I have yet to upload-that's just the way I roll.  Take pictures, talk about them, don't post to blog or facebook to share with anyone.

But the love of the Pioneer Woman recipes I do share.  I brought her Restaurant Style Salsa and Jalapeno Poppers with me to two barbecues on Sunday.  To say they were a hit was an understatement.  I even made a new bff because of our shared adoration of anything combining cheese and bacon as well as flip-flops.  It was pretty awesome.  Enjoy the week!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is absolutely darling! :) I also don't cook when hubby is out of town - I usually make one big casserole or dish on Monday and eat it for leftovers the rest of the week. Whoops!

Hope you're having a great Monday!

heather said...

Those jalapeno poppers and Green Chicken Enchiladas are right up my alley! They are perfect to bring to a new Mama.

Alana said...

You've got me interested in the Pioneer Woman cookbook! My roomie and I are pretty obsessed with the Hungry Girl cookbook series. Do you have any of those?

Kristin said...

Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by Windy Poplars this morning! I hear so much about the Pioneer Woman, but I've honestly never checked her out before. That's so neat that you have a signed book from her! Hope you had a wonderful Monday...

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh yum! Thanks for stopping by -- how was your weekend in NYC? I'll be checking out these good recipes -- love Pioneer Woman -- I keep thinking I'm going to get that cookbook. Hope you find some good vintage linens -- I happened on some great deals at a thrift shop that had all the linens for 50% off -- and some eBay deals too. Happy hunting!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is so sweet of you to bring dinner to the new parents. I SO appreciated it when my mama brought us dinner the first couple weeks after our lil' dude was born! And those enchis sound delish!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS