11.28.2010

Thanksgiving

We love to throw a party at the Thompson house.

Thanksgiving was our first gathering in a while-the Great Thompson Flood threw us off a little bit.  We are looking forward to host a few Holiday parties to wrap up 2010.

A fun party for me requires lots of preparation, so I can enjoy the most time possible with our guests.

I was a little daring with our table linens this year and went with a burnt sienna, which I loved.   Of course I ironed all the napkins and linens on Wednesday, I would have done it earlier in the week, but was otherwise engaged.

Now, my next big decision-how to fold the napkins.



I went with the later version.

We like to wash all the crystal and china ahead of time and set the table the night prior.

Then I get my party planning aide out-post-it notes!  They are wonderful problem solvers for so many things.  In this situation, what dish will hold my beloved mashed potatoes. 
Then off for a good night of sleep.

Josh prepped the bird and dropped it into the roaster first thing in the morning.

The appy's were all cheese based.  Ahh the beautiful baked brie.

It was so popular some was gone before I snapped a picture.

The feast

I thought the pecan pie was amazing, then I had the apple on Friday.  Oh my... I will be so sad when it's all gone.  By far, the two best pies I've ever had.  So glad the hubs is a gifted pie baker!  Hope you and yours had a fantastic Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

I Do Declare said...

Everything looked perfect - and delish! I love your china! I'm a dish post-it sticker, too!

VA Gal said...

Yum! That looks like such a wonderful Thanksgiving. And I'm another fan of the post-it notes for dishes. I have a tendency to leave side dishes languishing on the counter otherwise.

Dee Stephens said...

LOVE IT! you did a perfect job! You're like me.. into the tablescapes! Check out my Thanksgiving post :) So very fun to entertain! I wish I would have taken more pictures of the food like you did!

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

Your table looks lovely, Sarah Beth! I'm glad y'all had such a great holiday. xo xo

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS