11.19.2010

Soooo

Is it really Friday?  Wow-what a crazy busy week!  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Lots of awesome things happening, means crazy busy right?

So last weekend was slightly dedicated to the Junior League, then my sorority pulled ahead and will probably remain the front runner for time commitments until after recruitment in January...because....I was asked to be the Membership Adviser!  Decorations, bump groups, skits, songs and video's?  YES PLEASE!

So my weekend kicked off at the March of Dimes Heroines in Technology Event on Friday night.  It was beautiful.  The silent auction was awesome and I did want to bid on a few items, but of course the things I liked everyone else did, too.

Saturday morning, my alarm went off at 6:30 and I was off to help set-up for the CFF's Breath of Life Gala at the National Building Museum-it was sooo beautiful!

I headed up to Maryland to meet up with two fantastic bloggy buddies The Preppy Pink & Green Puppy and I Do Declare for lunch at Victoria's Gastro Pub.  Oh my it was fantastic!  After our awesome lunch, we hit up Hobby Lobby.  My first trip to this crafter's superstore didn't disappoint. 

Josh and I met up with Jen and John to watch the Gator, Gamecock Game.  We were not thrilled with the results, but if anyone had to win we're glad it was Spurrier.
Sunday, was brunch with my Phi Mu DC Alumnae Chapter - it was so much fun!!

Then I did some serious house cleaning, Josh and I were ships passing in the night-ha considering he was on a boat fishing.  I headed up to American University's campus to help with chapter elections, a fun filled four hours!  It was so great getting to know the ladies of the chapter, and I really felt the amazing impact that I can offer as an adviser.  It was so neat to mentor and encourage these young women-I'm looking forward to getting to know them even more!  I'm looking forward to another weekend of Gator Games, Junior League and Sorority Advising!  Oh yes and prepping for Thanksgiving-we are having about 10 friends over for the big dinner!

3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

First off - you and I are a lot alike with the JL, sorority, volunteer stuff. Second, jealous you got to meet I Do Declare!

Aja said...

So many memories of Rush Exec...I loved every minute of it. They just opened a Hobby Lobby in DB and everyone is raving. Still haven't made it over there yet. One day...

I Do Declare said...

I had so much fun meeting you! We'll have to do it again soon! I'm sorry for the late comment, too - I fell of the blog train hard last week...Crawling back up now! Happy Turkey!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS