8.26.2010

Decisions Decisions

So the facebook and blog verdict is in, and the email request has been sent to our contractor.  I present our new bathroom vanities.  I will be picking up the light fixtures and faucets this weekend, and putting Josh's finely honed electrician skills to use.  Plumbing, we aren't taking our chances on and will leave up to the professionals-ha!

Other than trips to both Home Depot and Lowes, we will also be visiting some furniture stores.  I conceded hardwood floors downstairs for new bedroom furniture upstairs.  I will also be making a trip to JoAnn's and Calico Corners as I plan out curtains and a bed skirt for our bedroom. 

Humm, I just realized that my sewing machine is in storage with the rest of our household belongings.  Never fear, I have my trusty friend iron hem tape.  It won't be the first time I made curtains with it either-ha!  It will however be my first attempt at a pelmet box, but I plan to follow Jenny's tutorial from the Little Green Notebook.

As I searched for a picture of our bedding, I saw that I could buy a king bed skirt (our pattern is discontinued).  Now I have to decide if I want to make something on my own or jimmy rig a king skirt to fit our queen bed-why does life have to be this hard?

And yes, we have a dozen pillows for our bed. 
That's two more than are even displayed in these pictures. 
Yes, I know this is ridiculous-thanks.

3 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Great choices!!!!! That's going to look so great!!!!! :)

Kristin said...

Beautiful bedding! I'll bet you can jimmy-rig something up (even w/ just saftey pins on the box spring). Love that saying btw. "jimmy-rig". It's fun to say :-). Love your vanities too! Your bathrooms are going to look GREAT!

Suzie said...

You chose the vanities I would have picked! I love them!! And you can "jimmy rig" a queen skirt with an extra sheet. Just sayin...

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS