7.19.2013

Five on Friday & SUYL


Is it wrong that I'm throwing my own personal "linking up to everyone else's link parties" party today?  Is there blog etiquette for this? I do not know, but I just love the Friday 5 and Kelly's Show Us Your Life, so here are things I'm thinking about today.











-One-
The Joys of Cooking (or not)
I try to do most of the prep for our dinner while James naps, because
it's very hard to cook with a little one holding onto my leg saying,
"Mama, MaMaaa, MAMA," a few thousand times.  No kitchen triangle can
contend with a toddler who wants the chiefs attention!  Cooking dinner
causes me stress.  I've learned to make all our breakfast and lunch's
for the week on Sunday night so it's simple, healthy and there's hardly
any mess to clean up earlier in the day.  I could use that at the end of
my day, too. Enter Freezer meals.I'm seriously considering a doing a month of freezer meals one of these days.  I've heard great things about Once a Month Mom.  I made a bunch while pregnant and was so very glad that I did.  Our favorite were Skinny Taste Asian Turkey Meatballs and still are a favorite now enjoyed by James as well!  I even have a Pinterest Board dedicated to Freezer Meals. One of these days I'm going to devote a weekend to cooking, so I don't have to for the rest of the month -doesn't that sound amazing?

-Two-
Speaking of cooking, I checked out Jessica Seinfeld's, Deceptively Delicious, from the library this week.I never thought I'd be one to check out cookbooks from the library, but our story-time circuit makes it pretty convenient, especially if I put it on hold before we go - that probably makes me an official, yet efficient, nerd!



Thanks to baby led weaning James really eats just about everything, and I just get so tickled to see him chow down on asparagus spears, broccoli and spinach.  I do love the idea of sneaking in even more nutrients from fruits and veggies, but making puree's to put into recipes is a whole extra step that I don't know if I want to add to my meal prep drama-ha!

-Three-
In a welcomed break from all the national news my home state is causing, this lady who wants to just wear a mermaid tail at her community pool, is quite the scandal here in Tampa Bay. She can come swim at our house anytime!



-Four-
 James is keeping me on my toes these days!  He just gets into everything, and oh boy he is fun and adventurous!  He loves to walk Molly, and now likes to make everything he finds into a leash...for himself.  I'm not a fan of unwrapping electrical wires from his neck multiple times a day, not sure if this is an "ignore and go away phase" or something where I need to start honing my none existent disciplining skills.  He seriously wrapped a computer wire around his neck while I pulled this up to publish!  So I guess I'll be checking out discipline books from the library this week instead of cookbooks, any recommendations?

-Five-



My brother is deploying soon to "an undisclosed location in the middle east."  I'm so grateful for his service and pray for his quick and safe return. 


5 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Prayers for your brother!! Also, I'm about to do a post for the JL Charlotte blog about BLW.

Life with Kimberly said...

I live in St Pete and have heard about the woman who wants to wear the fins... I think it's so sweet and lovely and sprinkles on top! We need more people in this world who want to have fun!

KatiePerk said...

Hi! This stage is exhausting in my opinion. SS just keeps looking for stairs to hurl herself down. Jeez!
Thinking of your fam and proud of your brother and his service.

Melissa said...

Praying for Murph…may the Lord watch over and protect him and all of our troops!

One of my fav child rearing/discipline books is Bringing Up Boys by: Dr. Dobson. My advice (although I've only been at this 8 years so I'm no expert) is to pray through your strategy, agree with your spouse and just do it. You can read too many books, accept too much advice and drive yourself and James crazy!

btw- I love Jessica Seinfeld's books. Especially the chocolate chip muffins and tacos : )

Ruth said...

Praying your brother stays safe and the time away passes quickly.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS