4.19.2012

JLW Shop Around!


I get excited these days when I actually get to go to Target.  Right now, the grocery store requires a sitter or call to Josh. Good thing our sitter is back from vacation next week, because it's the Junior League of Washington's Shop Around! 

I literally had NO IDEA how good it was until one of the ladies planning it came to present to my council meeting last week.  Deals these good are far too good not to pass along. So I wanted to share with all my friends in the area who may not have already heard about it.  I never paid that much attention in the past because I'm silly - really - this is WOW AMAZING!

Tickets are $25.
* I don't get any rewards for selling tickets, other than the knowledge that the funds go directly to help the charities I work with.

Highlights (to me anyway) include a gift card for a free appetizer at PF Changs (ahh - Ahi Tuna, I'm still recovering from 10 months with no sushi), not limited to the week of the sale.

Kate Spade...no need for explanation

20% off at two local lilly stores - that's right a discount on in season Lilly.  I'm still not back to fitting in that short of a hemline, but that's what the discount to the Bar Method and accessories are for, right?

We've been putting off a trip to Brooks Brothers for some new suits for Josh, but with 20% off, I know what we'll be doing one day next week.

I have some gift cards to Dawn Price Baby which will go a lot further with 20% off.

I've also been wanting to try rent the runway and with 15% off orders placed before the 28th, I think I'll be sporting some neat outfits to some upcoming events.  The clothing can be "rented" for dates in the future, the online transaction just needs to occur before the 28th. 

Who knows, maybe I'll try the members only pass to George, I'm fairly certain I can't guarantee I won't have spitup on some part of my outfit, which is probably not part of the dress code, he he.   

There are lots of neat events that go along with the shop around, of course I am attending the gala for the organization I chair the committee for at the exact same time as the kick off party, but maybe I can figure out a way to squeeze it all in...

Tickets can be purchased here and a list of all the retailers participating are below.  Hope this is helpful to some of y'all!  Have fun shopping!!

PS - Today is the last day to purchase tickets, wish I had given y'all more advanced notice, time flies when you're a new mom!


Shop Around Retailers
April 21-28, 2012

Kate Spade – 3061 M St. NW, Washington, DC

J. McLaughlin – 3278 M St. NW, Washington, DC

Vineyard Vines – 1225 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC
     *Excludes the purchase of Costa Del Mar Sunglasses

George – 3251 Prospect Ave, Washington, DC
                *All Card Holders will be allowed entry regardless of list status

Town Hall – 2340 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC
                     *Excludes the purchase of alcoholic beverages

Betsey Johnson – 3029 M St. NW, Washington, DC

Juicy Couture – 3034 M St. NW, Washington, DC
                          1700 Galleria at Tyson’s II, McLean, VA
              1100 South Hayes St, The Fashion Center at Pentagon City

Appleseed Maternity – 115 S. Columbus St, Alexandria, VA

Le Village Marche – 2200 S. Randolph St, Ste 110-A, Arlington, VA

Ah Love Oil – 4017 Campbell Ave, Arlington, VA
                        * Excludes all Olive Wood Products

Ten Thousand Villages – 915 King St, Alexandria, VA

Adolfo Dominguez – 5310B Western Ave, Chevy Chase, MD, The Shops at Wisconsin Place
                                   *Excludes all Sterling Silver Jewelry

PF Changs – 5406 Wisconsin Ave, Chevy Chase, MD, The Shops at Wisconsin Place
                     *Free Appetizer Cards only

The Preppy Pink Pony – 1355 Chain Bridge Road, McLean, VA

Pink Palm – 4867 Bethesda Ave, Bethesda, MD

The Bar Method – 750 9th St NW, Ste 103 Washington, DC
                              *The 20% discount at The Bar Method may be used only for an
                                Introductory Class, the New Client Special, First time renewal package
                                and all merchandise.

Stuart Weitzman – 2001 International Dr at Tyson’s II, McLean, VA

Sixth Engine – 438 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC

Silk Salon & Spa – 2250 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA
                              *Excludes straightening and bridal hair

Artistic Nails & Spa – 1880 Howard Ave, Vienna, VA

Mason Inn – 2408 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC

Breadsoda – 2233 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC

Duo Boutique – 1624 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC

Urban Chic – 1626 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC

Dawn Price Baby – 3112 M St NW, Washington, DC
Sherman Pickey  1647 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest Washington, DC 20007
Rent the Runway  Online retailer * 15% discount on orders placed by April 28th
Brooks Brothers – 3077 M St NW, Washington, DC 20007

Door Prizes
Lilly Pulitzer gift bag worth $500
Juicy Couture handbag valued at $425
Two (2) tickets to Gold Cup with bus passes
Kate Spade merchandise
A piece of jewelry from Duo Boutique
Shopping party for you and your friends at Urban Chic with 15% off
Gift Cards to: 
·         Cheesecake Factory
·         Maggiano’s
·         Appleseed Maternity
·         Tesoro Italian Restaurant
·       Le Village Marche

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I'm jealous! I wish I lived closer to DC :(

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS