12.22.2010

Does that have sugar in it?

Lots and lots of baking has gone on in the Thompson home this December.  I thought it would be fun to bake at lease 1,000 cookies.  As you know, I like to challenge myself.  If we didn't do this we came fairly close.  All the cookie baking success is due largely in part to our friend Jamie, or as I like to refer to her, my Christmas Elf.  It was like sprinkles and sugar cookies followed where ever she walked. 

She also inspired me to change my Christmas List.  Forget the X3, Louboutins, and letter pressed stationary.  I want an Elf for Christmas.  Could you imagine a little helper full of joy and cheer around the year.  Folding laundry, cooking dinner, mopping the floors-oh Santa won't you bring me a Elf for Christmas?  I made you lots of cookies!!

On the Christmas Cookie list:
Buckeyes
Crack Cookies
Inside Out Turtles
Russian Wedding Cookies
Oreo Balls
Salted Carmel Brownie Bites
Cowboy Cookies
Coconut Balls
Mint Brownies
Christmas Wreaths
Puppy Chow
Eggnog Cookies
Chocolate Espresso Snow caps
Gingerbread
Peanut Butter Thumbprints
Seven Layer Bars
Shortbread
More Sugar Cookies than you can shake a stick at

We started our cookie baking with peppermintini's -whoa those suckers were good.
Salted Carmel Brownie Bites
That's chocolate covered goodness there folks.
How about a buckeye or 400?
Inside out turtle?  We couldn't bake them fast enough.
Cookie Madness Ingredients, after round 1 of cookie baking.
Magical Christmas Cookies, the reason for the season?  No, no that's baby Jesus!!

Lessons learned:
Don't drink peppermintini's if you plan to make more than a few dozen cookies.  This will take you days.
Drink peppermintini's if you want to accidentally make 400 buckeyes, and have a FAB time with your girlfriends.
Royal icing is beautiful.
Royal icing doesn't taste that great
Royal icing is a huge pain in the you-know-what.
Royal icing ended up in my garbage can.

6 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a delightful batch of cookies -- yes, An elf! I'm certainly going to add that to my list too! Wishing you much merriment and joy!

Dee Stephens said...

Crack and eggnog cookies?Send recipes please! You know I love me some cookie baking! Merry Christmas!

Virginia Belle said...

I am so impressed! All of the cookies look delicious. That peppermintini sounds amazing :)

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

I'm drooling! I hope you and Josh have a wonderful Christmas! xo xo

Dawn said...

YUM.... buckeyes!!!! I love them, but man I hate rolling them... so I just think about how tasty they are. :-) All your cookies look amazing... bet they taste fantastic!

I Do Declare said...

I am inviting myself to come bake w/ you next year?!?!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS