12.21.2010

Deck The Halls

There's no place like home for the holidays....
Josh said he decorated the tree, until I took every ornament off, added yards of ribbon and then put all the ornaments back on how I wanted them...
Christmas Cards, my absolute favorite part of the season.
I had a craft idea for this wreath form, but decorated with my loved one's faces couldn't be more beautiful!
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.
The beautiful Christmas China from my Aunt AB!
BE VERY VERY MERRY!
Josh made this wreath, he was very proud of himself!
Candy Canes everywhere!!
In addition to our halls, we decked our shelves with glad tidings of JOY, oh, and Baby Jesus.  We love our Jim Shore nativity, and Josh likes to put anything important by Baby Jesus, his glasses, wallet, new flip camera-if it's important Baby Jesus has it.
Our Air Force Nutcracker in honor of Murphey!
I was inspired by a chandelier that had stars hanging from it at the bed and breakfast where I gave holiday home tours early in December .  I tried to get a little fancy, hanging stars and all from our chandelier, but it didn't have the same effect.  Maybe next year...
We are used to citrus being in season in December in Florida-this is our tribute to our home state.  The clementines have been just enough to keep us from getting homesick (the ever present Magnolia Lane Florida dishes don't hurt either).
Our home sweet home.

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

WOW! your place looks awesome!! my favorites are the tree and mantle! love the color!! I need to put brighter colors next year! My color palette in my house is red and gold. I guess it's what I like!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh Sarah Beth -- your halls are decked beautifully! I love the traditional colors -- wishing you and Josh a Most Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

So festive & pretty!! Love the fireplace.

Ruth said...

I love your decorations. Especially the Air Force nutcracker.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS