6.23.2010

Surviving the Remodel

Well, we have survived the remodel...for the most part.  I've got to put everything back in the correct cabinets, and the appliances come on Friday.  I'll post pictures as soon as we get settled.  I'm so excited that I won't live in a construction zone anymore!  It really takes a tole on your sanity-I feel like after this weekend we will be all back to normal.

Speaking of this weekend one of my best friends is coming to visit, and I can't wait! 

I don't think we'll ride any big waves in DC like we did at Universal Studios a few years ago, but we are bound to have a good time.

I have a lot to look forward to, including a trip to the Kennedy Center tomorrow.  We are going for a corporate event with Josh's company.  I am excited to see his office and have supper in the corporate dining room.  I hear of all the amazing catered lunches he has everyday, and now I can finally get a taste of these amazing dishes.

It has been a real treat to figure out what to wear, I need to be both conservative and business.  I've decided on a black textured sheath dress with a matching jacket.  Standard black heels and pearls.  I kind of wanted to be a little more fun and summery with another suit I have with a cream jacket and black skit, but in the end I felt better safe than sorry. 

On a little jaunt over to the Hallmark store to buy a card for a friend on my lunch break, I stopped at Saks to gaze at the St. John collection.  I wish that's what I would be wearing tomorrow night.  I just don't feel like "I'm there" yet.  When are St. John suits appropriate? 


I had a friend in Tampa who wore one to a reception where we were both being honored as Tampa's Top 30 Professionals Under 30.  She looked cute as a button, so I guess if you can pull it off, you can.  She had also worn it when competing in the Miss South Carolina pageant.  I just feel like I have to be at a certain level career wise/or age wise where the suit works for me.  I just think it is the perfect "evening" suit, and I'm looking forward to adding a few to my wardrobe down the road.  If only "down the road" was tomorrow...     

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Hooray! I'm glad to hear that the worst of your reno is over (and can't wait to see the pics!)! Yeah, I think you're either born a suit person or not. I was not. My sister, however, has been wearing them since she was 16, and looks fabulous! Have fun at the Kennedy Center!

VA Gal said...

I love that St.John suit. It's funny. When I first started practicing law, I kept thinking I'd be ready for a St. John suit by 30. But now I look at them and I still don't feel QUITE old enough to carry it off yet. I wear plenty of suits, but St. John is its own category.

Hope you have fun at the Kennedy Center!

I Do Declare said...

Years ago when I started working on the Hill my friends and I would joke about our suits and to each other, when compliments say, Oh thanks - it's St Kasper, or St Jones {New York} - HA! I think your outfit sounds perfect!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

I'm so glad the worst part is over! You'll be happy you did when you see the completely finished product!! I do love that suit, but I agree with you that I would feel a bit uncomfortable wearing it at my age. Hope you have a great week! ~Andrea

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Thanks for your sweet visit. Don't you love when a project is done and you get your life back?

VA Gal said...

I just wanted to stop back by and let you know that I've left you a little something on my blog. :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS