4.28.2010

Kindred Connection Party

I found a new blog, and I love the idea behind her Wednesday posts, finding kindred spirits.  Just perfect, to me that's what blogging is all about.  Sharing my life with my friends and family, and finding new friends along the way. 

Windy Poplars

1. What is your cultural heritage, and is it a part of your life (eg. do you celebrate your cultural holidays, or have special traditions or food that comes from your heritage)?

Well, I am American, Southern, and Baptist.  My ancestors fought for America's freedom in the Revolutionary War.  I love being an American, and celebrating our traditions and freedom.  Being Southern, now here comes the food.  I love Southern food.  The list could go on and on, but my favorites include BBQ, fried okra, aspic, cheese straws, and of course sweet tea!  As far as southern traditions, my ancestors also fought in the civil war.  I have visited many a battle ground where they fought for state's rights.  Now I know most people would think, Baptist, that's a religion, not a heritage.  With my family it's my heritage as well.  I come from a long line of Baptist preachers and ministers.  I am honored to be part of a large family that has had a significant impact on ministry and sharing God's word!


2. Give a short description of your vision for your blog.

My blog is a place for me to stay in touch with family and friends.  It's where I can document my life, the things I like and capture my memories.

3. What is one thing you are really enjoying about spring?

I love all the beautiful blossoms and flowers, and the chance to grow my own garden!

4. Do you have an idea to share about something we could do today to bless our husbands/boyfriends to let them know they're special?

Make them a special treat or favorite dinner. 

5. Are you involved in any social club (garden club, dinner club, book club, etc.) - or would you like to be?

I am a member of the Junior League of Washington DC, my sorority alumnae group and an advisor to my collegiate sorority chapter at American University.  I am also planning to finalize my membership with Daughters of the American Revolution, and join a church in DC soon.

5 comments:

Jensamom23 said...

I started the DAR membership process years ago and never completed it. Good for you! I am also heading to DC on next week for he first time looking forward to it!

Kristin said...

Hi Sarah Beth! Thanks for joining in the fun over at Windy Poplars :-) It was so fun reading your answers and getting to know you a little. Although I was born a Yankee, I've been in the south for almost 25 years, and I have to tell you...I love it, but I HATE okra! That seems to be the defining food that makes you "southern to the core"! LOL! Maybe one day... Anyway, looks like we have lots in common - keep in touch, I'd love to get to know you more :-)

K.S.Anthony said...

It's probably easier to get a DoD security clearance than navigate the DAR/SAR paperwork!

Alana said...

I'm so glad you're blogging more lately! I love reading your posts! :) I got your message today....I am so sick...I barely have a voice and was sleeping when you called. I will call you over the weekend when I pray I'll have my voice back! Love ya!

Kelly said...

Cute blog!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS