I saw this on a friend's blog and had to add this great idea!
- I am thankful to have two wonderful friends who have moved to town, and we get to commemorate with Blue Crab and Blue Moon on Friday!
- I am thankful that I get to help celebrate the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends this weekend.
- I am thankful for getting to spend time with my parents, who came to visit us last week.
- I am thankful for fresh folded laundry that my husband helped me with last night.
- I am thankful for a great job that challenges and rewards me.
- Monday - BBQ Chicken Breasts, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Steamed Broccoli
- Tuesday - Grilled Salmon, Sauteed Zucchini, Roasted Barley
- Wednesday - Beef Stir Fry with Udon Noodles
- Thursday - Shrimp and Bow-tie Pasta, Salad
- Friday - Baked Chicken, Potato Salad
After our trip to our first president's home, we made our weekly visit to Costco with my parents in tow. We stocked up on all the norm, but I was surprised to see there was a book signing for a book I had my eye on for a while. It's a cute guide book to DC, the author did all the research, writing and illustration herself.
I got an autographed copy for Lacey and myself. I can't wait to give her "Welcome to DC" present to her when she arrives this week!
We are off to try a new church today, First Baptist Washington DC. Perhaps we will go to Old Glory BBQ, a Southern Living must of BBQ places in the south.
- Monday-Ricotta, Tomato and Basil Pizza on a whole wheat crust with Light Cesar salad.
- Tuesday-Chicken Enchiladas with Tomato salad.
- Wednesday -Citrus Swordfish with Citrus Salsa, Risotto and Broccoli.
- Thursday-Apple-Fennel Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Green Beans.
- Friday-Salmon with Spicy Plum Salsa, Couscous, and Asparagus.
- Saturday Brunch-Josh's Amazing Omlettes and Lemon-Blueberry Muffins.
Josh has been in Canada this week for business-so it has been just me and Molly. On Wednesday Mike and Lacey came by after they spent the day apartment shopping. We enjoyed a sunset dinner at Sweetwaters, and recapped our recent weddings. I just can't wait for them to move here!
I am joining Josh in Montreal this weekend for a mini vacation. I am so excited to explore the city. Everyone I've talked to has told me it's a little taste of Europe. We are staying with one of Josh's co-workers. We are planning to have dinner at his house tonight then take a nice city stroll. More sight-seeing on Saturday followed by a fireworks show. On Sunday we are going to a beach village to enjoy a day in the sun. I hope we can find a strong bottle of sunscreen in Canada-I couldn't find any three oz or smaller to pack in my carry-on.
- Monday: Sandwiches
- Tuesday: BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Broccoli and Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert
- Wednesday: Mediterranean Salad, Sockeye Salmon, Parmesan Couscous, Roasted Zucchini and Squash, Homemade Strawberry Shortcake for dessert
- Thursday: Wegman's - the best grocery store with an amazing prepared food and deli section
- Friday: Make Your Own Pizza Night-friends, vino and pizza what could be better?
Our travels continued to Nashville, where we had lunch at Bar-B-Cuties, and picked up my brother at the airport. Let me tell you it was a full truck that pulled into Montgomery Bell State Park Friday afternoon, hubby, brother, Molly, and me, all our bags, all our golf clubs and 3 Gallons of Sonny's Sweet Sauce. Let the reunion begin...
Hubby, brother and I will be playing golf on Saturday morning. Our 8:15 Tee Time should allow enough time for us to get through 18 holes and make it to the family watermelon cut at 3:00.