7.26.2009

Saturday Excursions

After a round of golf at Jefferson, and a delicious brunch, we went to beautiful Mount Vernon with my parents on Saturday. The lines were very long, I guess everyone decided to spend the warm July day at George Washington's home.

Here is the view of the Potomac River behind the main house.

After our trip to our first president's home, we made our weekly visit to Costco with my parents in tow. We stocked up on all the norm, but I was surprised to see there was a book signing for a book I had my eye on for a while. It's a cute guide book to DC, the author did all the research, writing and illustration herself.
I got an autographed copy for Lacey and myself. I can't wait to give her "Welcome to DC" present to her when she arrives this week!

We are off to try a new church today, First Baptist Washington DC. Perhaps we will go to Old Glory BBQ, a Southern Living must of BBQ places in the south.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did you think of the church? Did you pick this one or are y'all still looking?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS