6.27.2012

Pure Geniuses or Purely Ridiculous

I've been trying to get in as much physical activity as my unpredictable new mommy schedule will allow.

I registered for the DC Color Runs this fall as an inspiration to actually follow through with the couch 2 5K plan. Now to actually get running. James and Molly accompany me on my morning outings. I try to time it so James will take his first morning nap while we are strollin and it's not yet 1,000 degrees.

Molly loves going out on walks, but my 12 year old beagle baby isn't up for 5K training. I don't feel like taking her to daycare so I can ramble around the neighborhood, so today when she was completely tuckered out about 1/4 of the way into our walk/run. I jimmy rigged my baby jogger so she could ride along on the handle bar-ha!

She freakin loved it.

I feel like this break through is along the same lines of discovering I could wear pajama pants to my early morning classes in college. Seems like an ingenious idea at the time, but you look back at yourself and ask why, why, why?

One of my sorority sisters had a similar moment, and reflected on Facebook this weekend when she got a mani pedi at Walmart. A convenient way to get everything done on limited new mommy time or slightly ghetto she asked. I say get it in when and where you can, but then again, I'm going to pick up a double jogging stroller tomorrow so I can push my dog next to my baby in a stroller.

 

6 comments:

Mindy Mann said...

U just made my day! Hilarious!

Mary Margaret said...

That's hysterical! I love it!

Jaime Compton said...

Love it! I used to do the same thing with Lola but she is much more compact :)

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

Purely genius! I love this. Wish I could have seen the three of you strolling around FC. ;)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Adorable -- I bet everybody who saw this was smiling!

Lindsey Wheeler said...

I was about to suggest a double jogger! My friend got one for her son and wiener dog!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS