10.23.2011

Ring My Bell

or chime in this case...

At church this morning, the handbell choir debuted their new hand chimes, and boy was it beautiful!  It set the stage for an amazing sermon on Discipleship, and growing.  Over the next few weeks our pastor is going to go more indepth on four categories of discipleship: Contemplation, Character, Calling and Community.  I put them in that order because that's the order of my weakness to strongest.  I'm sad we'll be driving back from the FL GA game next weekend and I'll miss the message on Contemplation, but will be listening when it gets posted.  In the meantime, I plan to address this area post haste. 

A few weeks ago on Show Us Your Life - Friday the topic was favorite devotionals and bible studies.  From doing a little research, reading various posts, and seeing posts from my blog buddies, I'm planning to order and read the following:

Nine Months to a Miracle: Spiritual Preparation for Moms-to-Be by Mari Hanes

 

Expecting: Praying for Your Child's Development-Body and Soul by Marla Taviano

 

Out of the Spin Cycle by Jen Hatmaker 


I've got a pot of my favorite soup, Gingered Squash and Pear, on the stove.  Although it's been a pretty productive weekend, there's still a LOT to do today!  

I just noticed my open back door has let a bee into our house, always an adventure-ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I played in hand bell from choir from youth through college and loved it! I've been thinking of joining our church's hand bell choir, but they're all sooooo much better than I ever was. I'm pretty sure I've lost whatever talent God gave me by now, haha. But you're so right - I love the music during worship. Ours plays above us in the balcony and it's just glorious.

My husband and I just finished Dr. Eggerichs' "Love & Respect." It's based on Ephesians 5:33 and comes with a workbook. We used this like our morning couples devotional. It was fantastic! Here's the link on GoodReads in case you're interested http://is.gd/xuOoDS

And thank you for linking to Kelly's Korner. I've never been to her site before -clearly I've been missing out! I can't wait to dig through all of the devotional recommendations.

Hope all is well with the bambino and I hope y'all have safe travels to the wlocp! We're leaving on Thursday for St. Simons and will be at the game as well. Can't wait!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS