5.09.2011

Menu Monday

On occasion there comes a stretch of days where I don't have a board meeting or volunteer obligations and Josh is in the country and doesn't have a business dinner. When this happens and we actually have a hour and a half on the weekend to spare, we try to take that time to plan out a meal or two together. I think the last time this kind of happened was the week of Passover. I made our traditional sedar with my mother in laws brisket and the next night made a double batch of Josh's favorite Passover dish, Eggplant Matza Lasagna (which he ate leftovers of for the remaining seven nights as I was volunteering or something of the like).

Yesterday, the stars aligned, and after brunch I pulled out my iPhone and he his blackberry. A quick check of the calendar confirmed we could actually have dinner together a few nights this week (other than our usual, a take out burrito bowl from Chipolte).

So last night we had BBQ Chicken Pizza- whole wheat pita, BBQ sauce, red onion, cilantro, grilled chicken breast, topped with mozzarella cheese and broiled in the oven.

Tonight we're Grilling for Life with Bobby Flay.



Pork Tenderloin Crusted with Green Onion, JalapeƱo, and Ginger.






With his Grilled Asian Style Eggplant Salad.








Later this week we are trying the Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas from the new Fresh, Fabulous and Fast Weight Watchers Cookbook.



Then a new fav found at http://elefantitasalegres.blogspot.com/

Warm Asparagus Gorgonzola Steak Salad

http://www.cheekykitchen.com/2011/03/warm-asparagus-gorgonzola-steak-salad.html

Hope you week is filled with wonderful dinners spent around a table with those you love!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jules said...

I’m so glad you and Josh were able to spend some time together and have some delicious meals! The pork tenderloin looks and sounds absolutely delicious. I didn’t know WW had a new cookbook. I’ll have to look into getting that. Thanks!

Ruth said...

I am glad y'all had some time together. And that pizza sounds amazing.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS