11.24.2013

Fall Round Up

I've been doing my very best to focus on James, which means some all of my extracurriculars (aka blogging) have suffered.  Sorry Junior League and my mom's club and any/everything I volunteer for.  Naptime and bedtime are cleaning and meal prep time, and I try to spend as little time as possible on my iphone/ipad during the day, except of course for calling Jame's grandparents and Elmo.  Adding the call Elmo App to my phone was probably the worst parenting decision I've made so far.  Elmo has been "taking a nap" for the past few days and I'm getting better and better at just saying no.  After all, I am the one in charge...

Needless to say I've spent more time in communication with Elmo than blogging.  But I like to do it and look back on our lives and events, so hopefully I'll be able to carve out time for it a little more in the future.

So this fall, we watched the Gators loose a lot.  I still love them and a loosing record makes it a little easier for me during this season of my life where it would be near impossible to be a die-hard fan.  Plus coming off a season like this will make it so much easier to buy good season tickets next year.  That's what I keep telling myself anyway.  Because, you know, I plan to have lots more free time for football games and tailgating activities next year.

In addition to football, James and I had lots of fun going to fall festivals, farms and pumpkin patches over the past few weeks. 

He loves riding horses (no pony's for this guy) and hay rides.

Because nothing's better than a hay ride with best buddies

 With his favorite 'big boy'

Then we toured a farm, where we caught some chickens
Watch out chicken your about to get a smack-down one-year-old style
 Milked a cow

 Rode another horse
 and got to pet lots of animals including 'dabbats'

We also had a few more pumpkin patches to stop by


And if someone would be kind enough to explain how the heck this happened, I would appreciate it.
This pumpkin patch picture from last year has graced the bakground of my phone for the past 12 months and I don't think I will ever be able to change it.  I just can't believe how much he has grown, it doesn't seem possible.Time marches on, which I guess is why at the end of November I'm finally sharing the pictures I took in October.

2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Elmo has been taking a nap=AWESOME

I might have to check it out.
Cute pictures. James looks like such a mixture of you both. Everytime I see a picture I think he looks like you, but the next he looks like your husband. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Ruth said...

He has grown a lot. I understand about a bad football season. I have done my best to wipe out Nutt's last season.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS